Monday, September 10, 2012

Mini-vacation!

I was so thrilled this last weekend, to have 4! 4!! days off in a row...on a weekend! So I decided to make a quick trip down to Buffalo, do a bit of much-needed clothes shopping, and just have 2 days to myself. No cooking....no dog walking...no housecleaning...no laundry..nothing to do except have some fun.

So here I am....on the little "porch" of my hotel room, looking down at the atrium/pool area:


(sorry for the quality, these were all taken with my phone). This is a little deceptive...the atrium area was nice to look onto from the porch, and very relaxing, especially when the kids in the pool went to bed. I only fell off the broken chair on the porch twice! And I hadn't had a thing to drink except a lemonade....


This picture of the room makes it look quite nice...but in fact the hotel hallways and the elevators were FILTHY, and I would never stay there again. The Millenium at Walden Galleria, no names mentioned of course. Don't go there....


OTOH, lunch the next day at Johnny Rocket's was good and fun! Wish I'd been quick enough to get their performance of "Respect!" on video! But I enjoyed it nonetheless. 

Loved my mini-holiday! The first in several years.....

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had a mini-holiday in years either mainly because of my four dogs. Two of them just wouldn't accept me being gone even with my husband home. I have plans for BeadFest 2014 though. I will just get lot of relaxers for my dogs first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh Shaiha, I SO want to go to Beadfest! One of these years when I win the lottery!! Know what you mean about the dogs...we just have one black lab but she's a lot of work and of course can't be left on her own. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the Beadfest trip!

      Delete

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.