Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bead Soup Blog Party #7...Soup sent

I understand my partner Leah Mifflin Tees has received her Bead Soup from me, so I will post what I sent...I have a few photos as I kept changing the soup up :-)

My favorite part of developing the soup is playing with color combinations, and I always end up learning something from both my experience playing with the soup I send, and of course playing with the soup I am sent in return.

This time, the first thing that spoke to me was a shell pendant; I love the beach and beachy themes, so I started with it and pulled out some of the neutral and copper tones from the shell. At this point it was looking pretty neutral (ie, dull), so I went across the color wheel and added a bit of purple in beaded beads and pearls for shimmer. I love those pearl "spikes" by the way, I hope Leah can have some fun with them. The dragonflies at the top right of the photo are the clasp:




As I was digging around, I found some fairy ribbon in my fibre stash that worked well for color


It was at this point that I found out that Leah, who is a fellow bead-weaver, was to be my partner...then I could go crazy and add some seed beads, which I really, really wanted to do! 

BUT....as we were a bit rushed at that point to get mailing, I forgot to take a picture before I packaged Leah's soup...hope you can make out some of the additions in this picture. More purple for brightening, and some pretty czech peachy seeds:


I was all ready to post....THEN this focal jumped into the box instead of the shell! The nerve!! But he just felt he belonged in the mix, I guess...:-) (see new focal bottom right of the picture)


And off they went to Leah....






1 comment:

  1. Amazing soup Lori, she will be super excited for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.