Friday, February 1, 2013

Focus on Life Wk 5~Capture our Hearts

Here is Sally's instruction for our fifth week prompt:

Have you ever taken a moment to notice all the hearts that come into your life everyday?  From candy hearts, patterns on clothes, a paper heart you make yourself or heart shaped spirals made from the ornate rod iron fencing that you may or may not have ever noticed on your walk around the neighborhood, hearts are hidding everywhere.  This week pay attention to your surroundings, think outside the box and capture a heart


In thinking about this over the last week, I was reminded not only to "see" the hearts, but to think about the things that I "heart"; ie, the things that make life livable/fun/important on a day to day basis. 

And, so on that note....here are a few of my favorite hearts....

#4. Funky shoes! 


Converse should pay me....I own way too many pairs to mention...although there IS that custom-designed pair I'm still trying to figure out how to get them to ship to Canada! 

#3. Coffee Mugs...and latte


Always my favorite souvenir if I am travelling, or want a memento of an occasion....maybe because I use them every day and can remember the fun times. And one of the best things I ever bought myself is my Tassimo machine, which keeps me sane in the winter months in Canada. That and Second Cup latte, of course!

#2. In conjunction with the above mug...this guy:


No explanation required...just see my last post. He just makes me smile. Which I am doing even as I look at this picture. 

#1. This organization:


As you can see from the banner, we are celebrating our 10th anniversary this year. These hearts (see the shapes in the logo?) shape my days and have shaped them for 10 years now. Here's one of the many reasons why:

And here's something YOU can do to help!


Send a special Valentine to everyone you know this month! 







25 comments:

  1. What a lovely post. I like the way you integrated heart shapes and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have known about Clay Aiken's Inclusion Project for some gime, but I never noticed the hearts in the logo! How appropriate! This is truly a wonderful organization. One of my niece's is a Special Ed teacher, which has further opened my eyes to the needs of all children. Wonderful post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patti, how exciting to run across someone who is familiar with the organization! It is inDEED a wonderful one! Our 10th anniversary Gala is taking place in October, near you...would love to see you and your niece there!
      Thanks so much for letting me know!

      Delete
  3. Those are some fun sneakers. And if you hadn't pointed it out, I might have missed the hearts in the logo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your hearts are pretty fantastic! I had not heard of the Inclusion Project, so thank you for sharing the info. And what a great logo it is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too have not heard of the inclusion project and will go see what it is all about, thanks for sharing that with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your passion for both Converse and the Inclusion Project ... beautiful footwear and a beautiful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are great sneakers! I will have to read about the Inclusion Project

    ReplyDelete
  8. How appropriate that you would include such a worthwhile and helpful cause. I did read the information and thank you for enlightening me. Your converse sneakers are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your shoes - my daughter is saving up for some converse... they are sooooo expensive in the UK!
    i'm going over to check out the organization - i've not heard of it...
    a great post :)
    no. 26

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great collection! Will need to check out the organization - it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. those are some great 'kicks' my daughter would love them! and what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the cause!!! A few years ago when we live in Orlando, I helped teach special ed kids/adults at church. It was cool how they just accepted you! (and if you were having a bad day, didn't remember it when they saw you again...) When I am out and about and see a special child I try to smile and wave so that they know they are accepted and loved. I wish more could be that way.....Oh, Love the heart shoes...a girl can't have to many shoes....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori, I like your twist on the heart word prompt this week - sharing the things you "heart"! I like to pick up mugs as a souvenir as well...gosh I have way too many and I can only use one at a time! Will have to check out the Inclusion Project as well. That's what I love about these hops, learning something new and discovering new links!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all the hearts you shared - especially your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your hearts today, Lori. I haven't been aware of that organization, now I'll check it - sounds a worthy one. You mention Canada - do they have offices in Ontario too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia,
      I am the volunteer coordinator for the NIP in Canada; our single office is located in Raleigh NC, but we partner currently with organizations across the US to provide facilities for children. I am currently working with organizations here to partner with the NIP in Canada, and would be delighted to hear from anyone in ON that is interested in doing so! Frequently, that is YMCA's, but we certainly don't limit to YMCA partnerships. Hope that helps! Do you have a child with a disability?

      Delete
  16. Great post Lori! The sneaks are awesome! My girls love Converse sneaks too! Thanks for letting us know about this organization!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are great! Especially those shoes - I love those to pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the converse sneakers, Lori and your take on the post! Y I do see the hearts in the inclusion logo. I'm not that familiar with the inclusion project I'm going to have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is wonderful work you have involved your heart in for the past 10 years.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a wonderful post! Thank you for sharing, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice post and I love the shoes and all the places your heart belongs.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful hearts representing a beautiful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your shoes would match perfectly with my socks! I almost think I should package up my socks and send them too you. :)

    What a beautiful post

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.