Friday, November 8, 2013

Focus on Life Wk 45...Industrial Photography

If we were struggling for inspiration for this week's prompt (which I was), Sally asked us to google the words "Industrial Photography". I did...and still struggled LOL. There is very little "industrial" in this small tourist town by the side of a lake. In November, it's pretty much just us and the seagulls, and there's not much "industrial" about them or me...

Here is one thing I thought might qualify based on the things I saw from my Googling....



This is a large artwork that is located at the water's edge, in downtown, and has become a "symbol of the city". It is called Spirit Catcher. 

Here's a little background, should you be curious....Spirit Catcher History

...and here are the wonderful industrial photographs taken by the other participants:

14 comments:

  1. I agree that this week's theme was a challenge but your Spirit Catcher was a great way to capture an industrial feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Qualifies as industrial, one generation removed! Really good shot of an interesting piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sculpture, your town should be pround.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting sculpture... I'm rather fond of kinetic sculptures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fascinating sculpture!!! I like the angle of your shot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori you took a great industrial photo. The spirit catcher looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks like it is a beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one awesome sculpture!! Twenty tons - holy cow!! And your photograph of it is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's an amazing sculpture! Thanks for the wiki link - v. interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is way cool! And I too was challenged with the prompt...but I think we all did quite well...thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo is beautiful. I love outdoor sculpture. That one is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are wonderful. I've always loved seeing artifacts in a creative environment. I will definitely consider you for clicking some truly fantastic pictures.
    industrial photography

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.