Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Latest Project...and a new site of interest to crafters.

Well, this being housebound thing does have some advantages...I've finished up, started, and finished up again several pieces for the Gala this Fall. Here's my latest...this is Crystal Elf weave, from a video by Colin Mahler on Beaducation. I can HIGHLY recommend the video; Colin is thorough, detailed and has the perfect speaking voice for video instruction. 




Hers is done in sterling; on my budget, mine is done in 18g 7/32 bright aluminum (known as BA in chainmaille circles). 
Aluminum is long-wearing, tarnish free and hypoallergenic, so I use it in most of my jewelry. 

A week or so ago, I also discovered through a link on Facebook, a new-to-me photo editing app which might be of interest to some of you jewelry folks. I've used it a couple of times with great results. It is free, but you can donate to the site, and in the process, a favourite charity, to help support it: FotoFuze

Fotofuze will remove the background of your photo, for something you wish to have highlighted. Here's the first photo above, run through Fotofuze:


It's awesome for photos of jewelry!

Hope everyone is having a good week! 

I go to discuss with my employer, likely on Friday, my return to work...that should be interesting!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thanks for visiting.